Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes

My son love love LOVES!!!! pancakes. So Saturday morning I decided we where going to make a yummy breakfast.

Truthfully I normally cheat and use a boxed mixed however I didn't see it so figured we ran out (only to later discover it was hidden on the top shelf behind the syrup).  But this time I made them from scratch. And they became blueberry pancakes when I realized the blueberries I bought a week before were about to go bad.

So I followed this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/pancakes-recipe.html

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 1/4 cups milk, at room temperature
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more as needed
Once you've mixed all your ingredients add the blueberries.  The trick with the blueberries is that your heat has to be high enough to not burn the pancakes but also get the blueberries to "lose their juice" so to speak.
 
My secret grocery spot is the 99cent only store (guess it's not so secret now). They have super cheap produce especially for strawberries and blueberry's you just have to carefully examine what you are purchasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment