Thursday, October 1, 2015

Taco Pasta in Verde sauce (sounds fancy huh lol)

Last night I got home and my husband said he didn't know what to make for dinner because we had ground beef but no tortillas, bread, or cheese. So it was mommy to the rescue lol. What I came up with was actually pretty tasty (my 3 year old asked for seconds). a little cheese and cilantro would have made it awesome but I was working with what we had on hand.



2 carrots sliced or diced

1/2 onion (I don't care for it so I cut it as small as feasibly possible)

Garlic (I don't measure it cause it's a personal choice)

1/4 red bell pepper

1/4 green bell pepper

1 can green enchilada sauce

1/2 bag of noodles

1 lb ground beef

*spices: cumin, garlic, chili powder, black pepper, and Worcestershire.

Sautee the veggies in olive oil, butter, or whatever oil you have on hand.

While the veggies are sauteeing season your meat. I don't measure seasoning so add a teaspoon of each to start with.

Once the carrots have begun to soften and the onions start to become see through. Add your meat. Cook until your meat is browned.

Once the meat is cooked taste it.  Be careful it will be very hot. ( I know it's silly I have to say it but I have to remind my husband a lot lol) Anyways if it's bland add another teaspoon cumin and a tablespoon of garlic.

You probably noticed I don't use salt there's reasons for that and you'll thank me later I promise.

Begin cooking your pasta.

Add the enchilada sauce to your meat. Let it cook on low heat till the pasta is finished. Add cilantro if you'd like.

 Taste it again before serving it. If you're happy with it dish it up. Add your cheese to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment